LYNX Virtual Reality Trainer helps professional and other dedicated cyclists to maintain their form during the off-season when bad weather prevents productive training. LYNX is also often used in situations when training needs to be highly structured with precise loads/timing, in preparation for particular event when the simulated road profile has to match a real course and when athletes just simply lack time – coming from work, taking their bicycle and driving to a place with suitable roads takes a significant investment.
The Virtual Reality aspect comes in form of connecting LYNX Trainer to a personal computer (PC) with specialized software that plays videos of real roads. The speed of video playback is synchronized with the speed of cyclist riding on a trainer and resistance delivered by trainer is synchronized with the real road profile (if road grade increases so does resistance).
- Innovative drive-train & clamp: The bike is mounted on the trainer by removing your own front wheel and attaching to the Lynx VR Trainer with a front fork quick release. Simply remove your front wheel, clamp the forks into the stand & ride!
- The bike rides on single giant roller using the riders own weight rather than a cumbersome clamp system. No tire slip, no tire wear, no need for special trainer tire or special (heavy) quick-release mechanism.
- Natural & realistic ride feel: Your rear wheel is free to trace an “S” curve on the roller as you pedal. No aches & pains caused by the bike held in an unnatural rock solid position.
- Monster power: Heavy duty 2HP motor is capable of supplying enough resistance to simulate up to a 20% road grade with full range of road bike gears.
- The worlds most advanced simulation and feel: LYNX has real a torque sensor just like many top end power meters and calculates a complete cycling model for any road/riding conditions up to 500 times/sec including simulation of inertia and downhill riding.
- Smooth and totally silent: Your neighbors will not knock on your door while you are training for your next win.
- Indestructible: All components are industrial grade & designed to work 24×7 year on year.
- Accuracy: Lynx is accurate within 5%. If you have your own ANT+ sensor Lynx can use data coming from that sensor to fine tune internal calibration.
Where to Buy LYNX